The WordPress plugin TWINT for WooCommerce adds the mobile payment method TWINT to your online shop and lets customers pay for orders using their smartphones (more about TWINT).
During the checkout process the plugin communicates with the servers of TWINT in the background and the customer never leaves your website. After a successful payment the WooCommerce order status and stock is automatically updated and the customer is redirected to the confirmation page.
Updates are available on the plugins screen in the WordPress backend after activating the license.
In addition to this plugin you will need a free TWINT business account to receive payments.
Please read the important information in the documentation to make sure that your server fulfills the requirements.
- Payment gateway for payments using the TWINT app.
- Secure payment processing in the background. The customer never leaves the shop during payment.
- Compatible to WooCommerce 2.0.x – 4.6.x, WordPress 3.8-5.5.x
- The license grants you updates and support (by email) for one year for the number of websites the license is valid for.
- The plugin will not be locked when a license expires and you are allowed to use it for the number of websites the license was initially purchased for but only a valid license guarantees that the plugin works flawlessly in the future.
- Plugin in German and English.
- Documentation in German and English.
- Compatible to WMPL.
- Directly update the plugin from the WordPress backend.
- Optional installation service (CHF 50.- per website/shop).
- Get 30% off the normal price when renewing the plugin.
- TWINT account.
- Valid SSL certificate for the domain of your website.
- SOAP module (SoapClient) activated on your server. Can be activated in the PHP settings of your web hosting or by directly asking your web host.
- The license entitles you to use the plugin for the purchased number of end products (end product: One application, e.g. one website).
- The license includes updates and support (by e-mail) for one year for the purchased number of websites.
- You can cancel automatic renewals of payments anytime. In this case, the license will be valid until the end of the paid period.
- Die automatische Erneuerung der Lizenz kann jederzeit gekündigt werden. Die Lizenz ist in dem Fall gültig bis zum Ende der bezahlten Periode.
- You are allowed to use the plugin for the purchased number of websites after the expiration of the license. However, the plugin is only guaranteed to work in the future with a valid license.
- For WordPress multisite installations you need to purchase the plugin for the installed number of sites.
- You are not allowed to sell or distribute the plugin.
Installation and setup of the plugin in connection to the TWINT account (1 Website).
Version 2.1.8 – 21.11.2020
- Fix – Continue with MonitorCheckin on pairing status NO_PAIRING.
Version 2.1.7 – 03.11.2020
- Fix – Always use weak cipher since SoapClient seems to cache the stream context.
Version 2.1.6 – 21.10.2020
- Fix – Use wc_get_order instead of WC_Order constructor in Log_List_Table.
- Fix – Manually load WC_Settings_Tab_Twint in woocommerce_get_settings_pages filter to make sure that WC_Settings_Page is loaded.
Version 2.1.5 – 09.10.2020
- Enhancement – Retry SOAP request with weak/strong cipher based on previously used cipher.
- Fix – Added correct links to system emails.
Version 2.1.4 – 30.09.2020
- Fix – Check if get_post_timestamp exists. The function is only available in WooCommerce version 5.3 or newer.
Version 2.1.3 – 28.09.2020
- Enhancement – Only show TWINT metabox for TWINT orders.
- Fix – Limit Register ID to 50 characters.
Version 2.1.2 – 22.09.2020
- Fix – Certificate expiry check: fixed RenewalAllowed property access.
- Fix – Added option to use weaker cipher for SoapClient connection.
- Fix – Include files on plugins_loaded hook.
Version 2.1.1 – 11.09.2020
- Fix – Check if file exists before autoloading.
- Fix – Always check if certificate file directory exists before saving the certificate file.
Version 2.1.0 – 06.09.2020
- Enhancement – Display errors and license data on license activation/deactivation/check.
- Enhancement – Log license errors.
- Enhancement – Raised POST request timeout for license check.
- Dev – Updated Plugin_Updater.
Version 2.0.6 – 04.09.2020
- Fix – Correct link to TWINT settings tab in license notice.
- Fix – Correct plugin_file for plugin_action_links_ hook.
Version 2.0.5 – 01.09.2020
- Enhancement – Set unpaid orders to ‘cancelled’ instead of ‘failed’.
- Fix – Show App icons also for Facebook in-app browser.
Version 2.0.4 – 29.08.2020
- Fix – Corrected plugin file path for Plugin_Updater.
Version 2.0.3 – 29.08.2020
- Fix – Removed logging of user agent which led to errors in some cases.
- Fix – Added page number to logs query in Log_List_Table.
Version 2.0.2 – 24.08.2020
- Fix – Check if function is callable before invoking SoapClient function.
- Fix – Return JSON error message on error for payment page request.
Version 2.0.1 – 21.08.2020
- Fix – Check if SOAP is enabled before loading plugin. Show notice if SOAP is not enabled.
Version 2.0.0 – 21.08.2020
- Feature – Added log list table to TWINT settings section.
- Feature – Added option to set number of logs to settings.
- Feature – Added option to set number of days after which to delete logs to settings.
- Feature – Added option to define the interval of the system check to settings.
- Feature – Added automatic renewal of TWINT certificate.
- Feature – Send admin email when TWINT fails to connect on the checkout.
- Feature – Added transaction status check button to order admin.
- Feature – Added buttons to check certificate expiration and renew certificate.
- Feature – Added weekly certificate expiration check.
- Enhancement – Added fees to transaction list.
- Enhancement – Perform system check three times before sending email.
- Enhancement – Retry confirming payment if it fails.
- Enhancement – Added backtracks to logs.
- Fix – Removed database update notice on first install.
- Fix – Show App icons also for Instagram in-app browser.
- Fix – Issue where certificate file was overwritten with legacy certificate data from database.
- Fix – Leave order pending instead of setting it to failed for status FAILURE and NO_PAIRING.
- Update – Using version 2.1 of TWINTMerchantService.¨
- Dev – Moved classes into namespaces.
Version 1.11.7 – 23.07.2020
- Fix – Renamed WP_Background_Process to Mame_Background_Process to prevent naming conflicts.
- Fix – Renamed WP_Async_Request to Mame_Async_Request to prevent naming conflicts.
Version 1.11.6 – 22.07.2020
- Fix – Only set payment to failed if order is not complete.
- CSS – Changed payment icon max height to 30px.
Version 1.11.5 – 05.06.2020
- Enhancement – Use checkout icon in SVG format.
Version 1.11.4 – 04.06.2020
- Fix – Removed status change of order to pending payment in wait_for_pairing function.
Version 1.11.3 – 28.05.2020
- Fix – Compare against navigator.platform to detect iOS devices.
Version 1.11.2 – 27.05.2020
- Fix – Backend AJAX request: hide loader on error.
- Fix – Detect if device is iOS case insensitive.
- Dev – Added TWINT test mode which can be used by setting the constant TWINT_ENVIRONMENT.
Version 1.11.1 – 15.05.2020
- Fix – Set keep_alive of SoapClient to false. Otherwise the SoapClient reuses the connection without handshake and it might time out before a response is received. The default PHP timout is 5 seconds and SOAP requests are made every 5 seconds.
Version 1.11.0 – 12.05.2020
- Enhancement – Add a scheduled event when payment is initiated to check payment status after some time.
- Enhancement – Fail orders where a negative response from TWINT is received. Retry all payments which time out or where the status is unclear.
- Enhancement – Retry payments where a SoapFault is received.
- Dev – Added new status RETURN_TO_CHECKOUT for JSON response to return to checkout without changing status.
- Dev – Removed all code related to the environment field which was removed in version 1.10.0.
- Fix – Raised SoapClient socket timeout which led to errors.
Version 1.10.0 – 09.05.2020
- Enhancement – Return error messages for every step in the certificate conversion for the certificate upload field.
- Enhancement – Removed unnecessary test environment fields which lead to confusion.
- Enhancement – Added more explanations to settings fields.
- Enhancement – Removed enrolment step from certificate upload field.
- Enhancement – Convert pfx files to pem (certificate upload field).
- Fix – Mask more special characters before saving the certificate password.
- CSS – Changed button styles.
Version 1.9.0 – 01.05.2020
- Feature – Added option to check pending payments and set them to status failed after some time.
- Enhancement – Don’t set payments to status failed when payment fails. Instead keep status pending payment and show a message on the checkout page.
- Tweak – Changed retry interval to 5 seconds to speed up payment process.
Version 1.8.1 – 23.04.2020
- Enhancement – Schedule event to check and update payment status when payment fails.
- Fix – Set payment status to failed on timeout.
- Tweak – Set payment status to failed instead of cancelled if payment is not successful for any reason.
- Tweak – Set default timeout to 300.
Version 1.8.0 – 19.04.2020
- Feature – Added payment icons of most used apps to payment mask.
- Feature – Option to add customer details to reference number.
Version 1.7.9 – 17.04.2020
- Fix – Changed default action for AJAX response to retry and check the payment status instead of aborting.
- Tweak – Added single event to check and update the payment status after 2 minutes after a payment is completed.
Version 1.7.8 – 07.04.2020
- Fix – Added class Mame_WC_Helper to make plugin compatible to WooCommerce versions prior to 2.7.0.
Version 1.7.7 – 16.03.2020
- Compatibility – Added WooCommerce version 4.0.0 compatibility header.
Version 1.7.6 – 06.03.2020
- Fix – Check if woocommerce class exists to check if plugin is active instead of using the is_plugin_active function to prevent errors for mu-plugins and renamed folders.
Version 1.7.5 – 06.03.2020
- Fix – Moved check for active WooCommerce plugin and other filters and actions into plugins_loaded hook.
- Fix – Removed modification of undefined element #logo-container in twint-redirect.js.
Version 1.7.4 – 04.03.2020
- Fix – Use woocommerce_payment_gateways filter independently on payment gateway class initialization.
Version 1.7.3 – 25.02.2020
- Fix – Initialize gateway on init hook to allow check for changed currency.
Version 1.7.2 – 24.02.2020
- Fix – Added option to check for currency CHF to conditionally show payment gateway on the frontend.
Version 1.7.1 – 23.02.2020
- Fix – Include plugin.php before calling is_plugin_active function.
Version 1.7.0 – 23.02.2020
- Feature – Added cron event to enroll cash register and send an email if it fails.
- Feature – Certificate upload field: convert uploaded txt files to pem.
- Feature – Added option to show payment processing notice on the payment page.
- Tweak – Only enable TWINT gateway if currency is CHF.
- Tweak – Removed back to cart button on the bottom of the payment page.
- Tweak – Updated frontend payment mask for better mobile device UX.
- Tweak – Removed certificate text field.
- Security – Certificate conversion: delete uploaded file after conversion to pem.
- Localization – Added language files for de_CH_informal.
Version 1.6.2 – 05.09.2019
- Tweak – Added CSS class to QR code image to prevent Jetpack lazy loading.
- Fix – Mask special characters in password before saving.
Version 1.6.1 – 26.06.2019
- Feature – Display Logs in order admin screen.
- Tweak – Prune logs in background process if they exceed the threshold.
- Tweak – Added de_CH translation files.
- Tweak – Load payment mask via AJAX to prevent requests to TWINT on checkout page.
- Dev – Added background process functionality.
Version 1.6.0 – 27.05.2019
- Feature – Added single transactions to TWINT meta box.
- Feature – Added Logging class to provide more logs for payment process.
- Fix – Display meta box.
- Tweak – Minified js files.
- Dev – Save TWINT data in hidden meta array.
- Dev – Added certificate handler.
- Dev – Added gulp dev tools.
Version 1.5.8 – 06.05.2019
- Fix – Use property instead of constant for display name.
Version 1.5.7 – 06.05.2019
- Fix – Use returned URL on checkout to redirect to the corresponding screen instead of the URL in the wrapper element.
- Fix – Decode HTML entities before sending response to frontend script.
Version 1.5.6 – 03.05.2019
- Fix – AJAX call arguments on checkout.
Version 1.5.5 – 03.05.2019
- Fix – Preserve certificate line breaks when options are saved.
- Fix – Corrected option name for cashier registration.
Version 1.5.4 – 01.05.2019
- Fix – Added custom settings field for certificate password to prevent escaping of special chars on output.
- Tweak – Restrict certificate upload to administrator role.
Version 1.5.3 – 26.04.2019
- Fix – Removed error message from admin and frontend if create_client fails.
- Tweak – Remove certificate field if upload and enrollment of certificate is successful.
Version 1.5.2 – 25.04.2019
- Fix – Handle exception for status check and checkin in frontend.
- Fix – Delete certificate files on update and activation.
Version 1.5.1 – 24.04.2019
- Fix – Correctly save test certificate in own file instead of overwriting prod certificate on plugin update.
Version 1.5.0 – 23.04.2019
- Feature – Implemented TWINT browser to app to allow users to switch to the TWINT app on the checkout.
- Dev – Moved payment script to own js file.
- Dev – Moved payment_page.php into WC_Gateway_Twint.
- CSS – Smaller font for amount on mobile screens.
Version 1.4.3 – 18.04.2019
- Fix – Enqueued wp media for the upload editor in the TWINT admin screen.
- Tweak – Admin styles.
Version 1.4.2 – 17.04.2019
- Fix – Renamed certificate option name.
- Fix – Removed automatic cashier enrollment.
Version 1.4.1 – 17.04.2019
- Fix – Correctly save previous certificates.
Version 1.4.0 – 17.04.2019
- Feature – Upload field to upload certificate file in pkcs12 format and automatically convert it to PEM format.
- Tweak – Renamed CSS names to prevent conflicts.
- Tweak – Removed notice “connecting to twint” on checkout page.
Version 1.3.5 – 11.04.2019
- Fix – Correctly check, activate and deactivate licenses of the current blog.
Version 1.3.4 – 09.04.2019
- Fix – Correctly check activated licenses in multisite installations.
Version 1.3.3 – 27.02.2019
- Fix – Check if certificate fields not empty if pkcs file cannot be converted to use existing certificate.
Version 1.3.2 – 22.11.2018
- Fix – Use correct nonce for cashier register AJAX call.
Version 1.3.1 – 20.11.2018
- Fix – Payment page styles.
- Tweak – Use Mame_Licensing and Mame_Plugin_Updater for license and updates.
Version 1.3.0 – 17.08.2018
- Feature – Refunds.
- Tweak – Only show payment data metabox in TWINT orders.
- Tweak – Admin styles.
Version 1.2.6 – 31.06.2018
- Fix – Allow failed orders to be paid.
- Fix – Remove unnecessary nonce in payment process.
- Fix – Correct license notice redirect.
- Tweak – Added translations.
Version 1.2.5 – 14.04.2018
- Fix – Correct admin URL for network AJAX requests..
Version 1.2.4 – 12.09.2017
- Fix – Wrong check to complete the order.
Version 1.2.3 – 09.09.2017
- Fix – Round amount to two decimals.
- Fix – Replaced deprecated direct property access to order status.
- Fix – Close session before calling sleep.
- Fix – Correct update URL for multisite installations
Version 1.2.2 – 13.07.2017
- Fix – Payment handler proceeds with payment without AJAX requests.
- Fix – Unique MerchantTransactionReference on TWINT order start.
- Fix – Fixed no-js payment process.
- Tweak – Replaced deprecated WooCommerce update option hook.
Version 1.2.1 – 12.06.2017
- Feature – Copy to clipboard button for mobile devices.
- Fix – AJAX handler to continue with unfulfilled payments.
- Fix – Replaced deprecated WooCommerce query args with endpoint.
- Tweak – CSS responsive styles.
Version 1.2.0 – 01.05.2017
- Feature – Set timeout in settings.
- Update – New TWINT payment mask.
- Update – Localization.
- Fix – enroll cash register on activation.
Version 1.1.2 – 20.12.2016
- Fix – Bug on settings page that occurred if certificate is created from settings field content.
Version 1.1.1 – 19.12.2016
- Fix – Fixed bug that occurred on plugin update.
Version 1.1.0 – 27.11.2016
- Feature – Automatic certificate generation.
- Feature – System status section.
- Tweak – Save production and test params.
- Tweak – Automatic register enrollment.
- Fix – No register enrollment on plugin acivation.
Version 1.0.4 – 28.07.2016
- Fix – Assets now loading correctly.
- Tweak – Regenerate key and enroll register on activation.
Version 1.0.3 – 01.05.2016
- Fix – Renamed constants due to conflict with PF plugin.
- Fix – Renamed localized php variables due to conflict with PF plugin.
Version 1.0.2 – 29.04.2016
- Fix – Renamed licensing settings field due to conflict with other plugin.
Version 1.0.1 – 29.04.2016
- Fix- changed function to retrieve cart totals.
- Tweak – frontend styles.
Version 1.0.0 – 29.04.2016
Free registration for PostFinance E-Payment
If you don't have a PostFinance e-Payment account you can fill out the form below to get a free Test-Account. You will be contacted by PostFinance for more information. This registration is completely free and non-binding.